Sand digging Insects

Trent Watts

I recently went to a conservation area near my home on an early morning bike ride to avoid the terrible heat we were having. I found some species of insects I did not know existed and with the help of
iNaturalist got some ID information. I did a video as well and have a link to my YouTube Channel below.

I'm not sure if it is OK to link to a post I did so if this is inappropriate please let me know.
Click here for Link to Trent's Blog.

_7030806-Edit.jpg

_7110923-Edit.jpg

_7100872-Edit.jpg

Click here for a video.

JimFox

Staff member
Wow Trent! Love this! Who knew about these? I didn't. I had never even heard of Fairy Bees before.

Your Blog is fantastic! Link them as often as you can. I didn't notice, how often do you do a blog?

And your YouTube video is so interesting. So well done! I have been doing lot's of video's so little things like your title page, etc I find interesting now. :)

One thing with your video I noticed is that it's just a text link in your Post here. Not sure if you know, but you can just copy the link from YouTube and paste it directly in your Post and it will come up as a player in your post rather then a link. It looks better that way I think. Check my post for an example. https://focalworld.com/threads/hiking-to-bierstadt.17404/

Trent Watts

HI Jim.. Thanks for your comments. I did try and put the video in as yours appear and it didn't seem to work. I will try again and look at your example. I try to use a link that stops people from seeing the YouTube videos that YouTube chooses. I want people to just see my Channel and I'm pretty new to all this so not sure what I am doing. I really appreciate your help.

JimFox

Staff member
Hey Trent, maybe that's the difference with YouTube. I didn't even know there was a link that you can use that just brings people to your channel. I just click on the Share button, it copy's the link to my Clipboard and then back in here I just Paste it into the text of the Post with Ctrl + V . I guess for me, I don't really care with links to my video's if after mine plays YouTube picks other random ones, I am just happy to get a View and and Comment. :)

Top Bottom