Skyline Overlook Milky Way

JimFox

Staff member
Well, it can be dangerous to look back in old hard drives. As I was going throught one of my 2019 hard drives for another project I came upon this pano from Skyline Overlook in Utah. I looked at my original edit there and didn't like it, so I ran it through Photoshop for a little surgery. :)

All comments are welcome,

Jim

DSC_3258+65_d1w.jpg

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
This is my new MW favorite from you. Did you do this when I was there. Is the foreground a long exposure? or did you have a moon? How many images in the pano? (Assuming it's stitched) You hid the Hanks Vill lights and the hwy 24 car lights.

Makes me want to get back there for some MW with my new camera

Last edited:
Well, it can be dangerous to look back in old hard drives. As I was going throught one of my 2019 hard drives for another project I came upon this pano from Skyline Overlook in Utah. I looked at my original edit there and didn't like it, so I ran it through Photoshop for a little surgery. :)

All comments are welcome,

Jim

View attachment 52714
Jim, this is a stunning shot. I was at Skyline Overlook back in August, had the same vision, you pulled this off. Beautiful composition & split tones.

Well done, love it.

Oliver

JimFox

Staff member
Jim, this is a stunning shot. I was at Skyline Overlook back in August, had the same vision, you pulled this off. Beautiful composition & split tones.

Well done, love it.

Oliver
Thank you so much Oliver! Skyline is really such a treasure!

Josh Dye

Awesome shot Jim! It’s those images in your hard drive sometimes that can become your favorite after a little touch up. Really like the foreground in this as it compliments the Milky Way very well.

Bart Carrig

Woah Jim, beautiful. Be careful of going into the old hard drive well .. you can almost disappear down there. But so glad you did. This is so beautifully seen and balanced in the exposure and the processing. Great job.

Bart

Top Bottom