Solar Prominences 5-29-22

JimFox

Staff member
All 3 of these are really awesome photos Chuck, but I agree with Ben that #2 really is special.

When you aim at the sun, are you using GoTo to get it to aim at the sun? Or are you viewing it on a monitor and then adjusting it?

chuckp

All 3 of these are really awesome photos Chuck, but I agree with Ben that #2 really is special.

When you aim at the sun, are you using GoTo to get it to aim at the sun? Or are you viewing it on a monitor and then adjusting it?
Thanks Jim, I did make picture of the day on the solar activity facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/solaractivity/permalink/5399266600084640
I have a solar finder, similar to this, https://www.televue.com/engine/TV3b_page.asp?id=66.
I stacked the best 300 frames out of 600.

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Chuck,

Wowser! Those are jaw-dropping, especially that close up one, although I also enjoy the images showing the fuller view of the sun's limb and the body too. Nice to know the ASI1600 can do such a good job on solar!

ML

chuckp

Chuck,

Wowser! Those are jaw-dropping, especially that close up one, although I also enjoy the images showing the fuller view of the sun's limb and the body too. Nice to know the ASI1600 can do such a good job on solar!

ML
Thanks Mike, I do have a problem with Newton rings showing up on the sun when using a barlow with the 1600. I don't have that problem with the planets or the moon using a barlow and the 1600.

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Thanks Mike, I do have a problem with Newton rings showing up on the sun when using a barlow with the 1600. I don't have that problem with the planets or the moon using a barlow and the 1600.

Chuck,

OK that is good info to know for the future if I do get into solar. Thanks!

ML

chuckp

Chuck,

OK that is good info to know for the future if I do get into solar. Thanks!

ML
You won't regret getting into solar imaging. Every day is a surprise. If you do I would sugest to get a Lunt, I've had mine since 2009. My friend had the 70 Coronado and sent it back and got the Lunt.

Top Bottom