Spruce Island

AlanLichty

Spruce Island is the longer island in this scene along the Samuel Boardman Scenic Corridor on the Oregon coast. It is one of roughly 1800 islands just off the Oregon Coast that make up the Oregon Islands National Wildlife Refuge. Fortunately for those of us who like to fly each island is a separate refuge with wilderness rules but not the water in between so drone photography is legal as long as you keep your distance from the islands and never fly directly over them. For manned aircraft there is a 2000' flight floor over the islands.

DJI_MA2SpruceIsland.jpg

C&C always welcome.

AlanLichty

Neat view of this area. I haven’t visited this area after I got the drone so one is due.
Thanks Jameel - where do you stay down in that area when you visit? I spent over two months of cumulative nights in the Harris Beach Campground but have never stayed in a motel or eaten in any of the restaurants there.

AlanLichty

The Oregon coast is gorgeous but you are finding new views that show a whole new way to see it
What a great scene here Alan! Like Ben, this is a great way to view the coast line.
Thanks - I had seen a few aerial photos of the coast before I got a drone and it was one of my primary targets knowing that I would get views I could never see from land. For several places along the coast an aerial view is the only one you can get.

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Thanks Jameel - where do you stay down in that area when you visit? I spent over two months of cumulative nights in the Harris Beach Campground but have never stayed in a motel or eaten in any of the restaurants there.
I have stayed in motels. I normally carry enough food to last me the trip as I have diet restrictions and the food choices aren’t that great there.

AlanLichty

I have stayed in motels. I normally carry enough food to last me the trip as I have diet restrictions and the food choices aren’t that great there.
Brookings isn't exactly a hotspot as a travel destination. I have stayed in Crescent City and Gold Beach several times before I bought my RV in 2014. The only thing I miss about my RV was the galley. I am a scratch cook and had set up the galley to mimic my kitchen at home. I only rarely ate at restaurants during the 8 years I was traveling in it. I wasn't roughing it when it came to having a nice dinner and knew where to find all of the grocery stores along US101.

Top Bottom