Sun full disc 2-22-21

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Another great image of the sun Chuck. What is the shutter speed on this? It would be great to see the movement of the flares if this can be used for TL.

chuckp

Another great image of the sun Chuck. What is the shutter speed on this? It would be great to see the movement of the flares if this can be used for TL.
Thank you Jameel. According to the log that the software produces the exposure was 0.000724. When taking the video I watch it on the computer and adjust the gain(iso) and exposure to see the granulation on the surface. I try o get the fastest frame rate as possible. I will do a time lapse one of these days. They look great, the prominences look like fountains.

JimFox

Staff member
Hey Chuck, this is so cool. Love all that detail in the sun. And I appreciate you sharing some of the behind the scenes part of the process.

A timelapse of this? that would be so awesome!

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Staff member
Chuck,

Very nice - Always appreciate the link to the larger version too! I have seen cool time-lapses of the proms, they are mesmerizing, especially when one appreciates the scale of what is being displayed.

Hey, we amateur radio operators need a few more sunspots though - could you get to work on that? :) This sunspot cycle is really getting off to a lame start...

ML

chuckp

Chuck,

Very nice - Always appreciate the link to the larger version too! I have seen cool time-lapses of the proms, they are mesmerizing, especially when one appreciates the scale of what is being displayed.

Hey, we amateur radio operators need a few more sunspots though - could you get to work on that? :) This sunspot cycle is really getting off to a lame start...

ML
Yes I know I get that from amateur radio operators all the time , "Please Get Me Sunspots"

Top Bottom