Teton Sunrise

JimFox

Staff member
I got into the Tetons last night at sunset and I had a fun time shooting Timelapse and the stars last night. It was a very nice warm 8 degrees, the weather report said it felt like -1 degrees.

After a short 3 hour nap, I woke up before sunrise and did more Timelapse. This is a shot from my iPhone as it’s the easiest way to capture and then post here while on the road traveling. This from Gl

All comments are welcome,

Jim

54CB0E9C-E7A2-46C4-A717-EA46714F0562.jpeg

AlanLichty

A very nice looking sunrise with a few elements that make it look a bit like winter. Neat colors in the cloud layers.

Its easy to linger looking at this scene - from the comfort of my seat at my desk 😁

Jim Dockery

Nice work, looking foreword to the time-lapse. Did you sleep in your car? If so you must have a very good sleeping bag!

JimFox

Staff member
A very nice looking sunrise with a few elements that make it look a bit like winter. Neat colors in the cloud layers.

Its easy to linger looking at this scene - from the comfort of my seat at my desk 😁
Ha ha, thanks Alan! I think it turned out pretty nice.

JimFox

Staff member
Nice work, looking foreword to the time-lapse. Did you sleep in your car? If so you must have a very good sleeping bag!
Thank you Jim. I am heading to see the grandkids after this so my Timelapse processing might get slowed down a bit.

Yep, I just crawled into the back of my Jeep to sleep for about 3 hours. It’s insulated really well I guess, because I stayed warm. I have all 4 windows cracked for ventilation and climbed into my heavy old fashioned sleeping bag. Mummy bags are great for backpacking but I have a little sleeping area in the back and I like being able to stretch out and move around in it. I don’t even recall who makes this bag, it’s just a big heavy duty rectangular bag with flannel lining. :)

Bart Carrig

Great teaser, Jim. Can't wait to see the time lapse and sunrise photos.

I'm also Jeep-sleeper; I just fit in the Wrangler, corner-to-corner. Haven't done the below-zero yet; so I'm impressed.

Great job.

bart

Top Bottom