The Moon Among the Wires - Central Cal version.

JimFox

Staff member
I know I am totally stealing Dave's title, but it was so cool and the moment I saw his photo, it reminded me of one I took 2 weeks ago but hadn't processed.

The same night as I was coming back from Sequoia and chasing the moon rise, one of the places I stopped was a small town that had birds on the wires. So I moved around to get the moon positioned nicely with the wires. By the time I did that though I had this tall fence in my way and there was no way to avoid it. Initially I thought as I was shooting that I would just crop it out as I knew it was out of focus, but once I saw it on my monitor I decided to keep the OOF fence in it. Let me know what you think.

Jim

_D850495_dw.jpg

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Hi Jim, an interesting image. The OOF fence does not grab my attention so much as the OOF birds. Not saying the birds are a bad element, just more obvious.

JimFox

Staff member
Hi Jim, an interesting image. The OOF fence does not grab my attention so much as the OOF birds. Not saying the birds are a bad element, just more obvious.
Thanks Ben. The OOF birds were on purpose, when they started to fly off as I walked closer having the birds be blurry (they are in focus actually) it’s just the notion of them flying being captured. I had thought it was pretty cool, but it is probably just my emotional investment in the image.

David S

This is really nice Jim! The energy of the moving birds is really neat and it makes the picture flow in a really nice way I think

Top Bottom