The Recipe #49 - Mid Day Blues

Amy Earl

Oops, I just read the contest rules where "cloudless skies" was carefully emphasized 😨 🤦‍♀️ I will look for a better entry if I have time tomorrow after work. I should have posted this in Doug's thread instead as it's a lesser known, quite special place!

JimFox

Staff member
Oops, I just read the contest rules where "cloudless skies" was carefully emphasized 😨 🤦‍♀️ I will look for a better entry if I have time tomorrow after work. I should have posted this in Doug's thread instead as it's a lesser known, quite special place!
Ha ha Amy... I was wondering when I looked at your photo why there was so little blue sky in it... :)

AlanLichty

Thanks, Alan. I had more trouble than expected finding a suitable photo. But I knew I would have some from the Jordan trip ;)
Your entry is my favorite.
Thanks - Jordan is kind of a given for empty skies in summer months. Out of three summers I spent in Petra I think I could count the number of days with clouds on one hand.

Amy Earl

Thanks - Jordan is kind of a given for empty skies in summer months. Out of three summers I spent in Petra I think I could count the number of days with clouds on one hand.
You spent 3 summers in Petra?? Wow, what a treat. Why so much time? You may have told the story earlier but I forget the details.

AlanLichty

You spent 3 summers in Petra?? Wow, what a treat. Why so much time? You may have told the story earlier but I forget the details.
I was a grad student in archaeology working in excavations there. I posted a bunch of threads on places in and around Petra in the Historical forum when Jim first opened it up.

Amy Earl

I was a grad student in archaeology working in excavations there. I posted a bunch of threads on places in and around Petra in the Historical forum when Jim first opened it up.
That's neat, it must have been a treat to spend time digging there. I'd like to go look up those Historical posts sometime and see what you uncovered! Petra was like an out-of-this-world experience for me. It feels so timeless and ancient up into the modern day. I could write a lot about that place. Hope to go back with my husband someday.

Top Bottom