Thursday’s Task

ProCaliberTraveler

It has been the summer of rainbows this year in the Owens Valley. This shot was from a thunderstorm in July right over Bishop.
DSC_0524.jpg

Another shot from this summer, also in the Owens Valley near Bishop.
DSC_0705.jpg

I drove through Yosemite National Park on my way to San Francisco a few weeks ago. I drove through a thunderstorm complete with lightning, plenty of rain, small waterfalls cascading down the granite and this double rainbow near Tenaya Lake. I stopped near Olmsted Point and got out of my car to get this shot. I got soaked from rain, but it was quite fun.
DSC_0743.jpg

John Holbrook

It has been the summer of rainbows this year in the Owens Valley. This shot was from a thunderstorm in July right over Bishop.
View attachment 52571

Another shot from this summer, also in the Owens Valley near Bishop.
View attachment 52572

I drove through Yosemite National Park on my way to San Francisco a few weeks ago. I drove through a thunderstorm complete with lightning, plenty of rain, small waterfalls cascading down the granite and this double rainbow near Tenaya Lake. I stopped near Olmsted Point and got out of my car to get this shot. I got soaked from rain, but it was quite fun.
View attachment 52573
Michael, the Owens Valley area has yielded good opportunities for your rainbow captures—very nice. The first image with the rainbow’s arc descending between the two dead trees is my favorite—very nice.

John Holbrook

This was from 2013, seconds before I got chased out by a very angry Navajo man. I was at the 1st turnout going down from the parking lot to the scenic drive. Many trucks were leaving because of the storm. There was no sign saying the road was closed, but according to this man it was.

View attachment 52577
Monika, so glad you were able to capture this very beautiful scene—before you were sent on your way! (I guess timing is everything). The differences in light and color across the sky creates a memorable Image.

Last edited:
Top Bottom