Thursday's Task a Day Late - 01/08/2020

I apologize for not getting to this yesterday. Too many things got in the way. I hope I am not stepping on Kyle's Friday Focus. The task for today is to post an image of a location which is the farthest away from your home. Mine is from Prince Edward Island in Canada. Wood Islands is the port on PEI for the ferry that that takes you across the Northumberland Strait to Nova Scotia. Each of the lighthouses you see here were actually functional in the past. The main one depicted in this image is currently active.

Wood Islands Lighthouses.jpg

Rick Nantais

I apologize for not getting to this yesterday. Too many things got in the way. I hope I am not stepping on Kyle's Friday Focus. The task for today is to post an image of a location which is the farthest away from your home. Mine is from Prince Edward Island in Canada. Wood Islands is the port on PEI for the ferry that that takes you across the Northumberland Strait to Nova Scotia. Each of the lighthouses you see here were actually functional in the past. The main one depicted in this image is currently active.

View attachment 35167
Hum is it the same ?

IPE1.jpg

AlanLichty

Hum is it the same ?
I have never been there but it doesn't appear that this is from the same place. There is a smaller lighthouse in Doug's shot off to the right that is quite similar but if you look at the architecture there are differences. In the isolated lighthouse in Doug's shot the balcony is smaller and below the top of the sloped lighthouse walls whereas the one in yours has a more substantial set of cornice moldings at the top of the walls and the balcony above that.

Nice lighthouse shot BTW. Where was this shot?

Rick Nantais

I have never been there but it doesn't appear that this is from the same place. There is a smaller lighthouse in Doug's shot off to the right that is quite similar but if you look at the architecture there are differences. In the isolated lighthouse in Doug's shot the balcony is smaller and below the top of the sloped lighthouse walls whereas the one in yours has a more substantial set of cornice moldings at the top of the walls and the balcony above that.

Nice lighthouse shot BTW. Where was this shot?
PEI to be sure, this is the most precise I can be, sorry

Top Bottom