Two Medicine Sunrise

AlanLichty

First light of the morning at Two Medicine in Glacier National Park. This part of Glacier isn't as heavily trafficked as the primary sites near the east and west entrances so finding a campsite turned out to be taking my pick of open sites instead of fighting for spaces someone just left. In this case my campsite is less than 100 yards from where I shot this.

TwoMedicineSunrise2.jpg

C&C always welcome.

JimFox

Staff member
Hey Alan,

Nice work here. That first light is always so cool and so fresh.

I hadn't really noticed the magenta cast until Andrey said something. I think I like your edit better. While there is magenta in the first one, it's not overly magenta to me, maybe try one where you just remove the magenta from the beach area? I think magenta casts in the sky often feels okay, where as when the rocks at your feet get that cast, that's where at least my senses pick it up more.

AlanLichty

Hey Alan,

Nice work here. That first light is always so cool and so fresh.

I hadn't really noticed the magenta cast until Andrey said something. I think I like your edit better. While there is magenta in the first one, it's not overly magenta to me, maybe try one where you just remove the magenta from the beach area? I think magenta casts in the sky often feels okay, where as when the rocks at your feet get that cast, that's where at least my senses pick it up more.
I think what caught my eye after Andrey's comment was the color cast on the fall leaves on the left as well as the stones along the shoreline. I don't quite like the sky with the added warmth so will try another edit to see how to best get the pieces to fit.

Top Bottom