Vogel State Park

Mike Sussman

A rainbow appears over Lake Trahlyta at Vogel State Park in the north Georgia mountains.

DSC07525.jpg

I spent Saturday in the north Georgia mountains taking pictures of waterfalls and fall scenery. This shot of Lake Trahlyta at Vogel State Park was my last shot of the day. It's a 90 second exposure taken about 20 minutes after sunset. There was a lot of fog over the lake, but it took awhile before the cloud movement was what I was looking for. It was worth the wait.

DSC07578.jpg

AlanLichty

The reflections and fall colors in a nicely framed scene are nice by themselves but the rainbow takes this to another level. Nice.

I am surprised that the lights from the dwellings in the second image are subdued enough to not interfere with the rest of the image. Interesting result.

JimFox

Staff member
Hey Mike,

I like that rainbow being framed by the trees there, it looks like a great spot.

With #2, the LE look is really nice. Like Alan, the fact that the distant lights didn't get too bright is a nice surprise. I like the mystery of the darkness of this one, but another part of me wonders if you opened up just a little bit more of the detail on that hillside on the left if it would add or take away from the image? The hint of fall color along that hillside is tantalizing.

Mike Sussman

Hey Mike,

I like that rainbow being framed by the trees there, it looks like a great spot.

With #2, the LE look is really nice. Like Alan, the fact that the distant lights didn't get too bright is a nice surprise. I like the mystery of the darkness of this one, but another part of me wonders if you opened up just a little bit more of the detail on that hillside on the left if it would add or take away from the image? The hint of fall color along that hillside is tantalizing.
Thanks! I might have to try that. I think I did lighten the trees on the left already, but it might be worth a shot to go a little more.

Top Bottom