Waiting for the Conjunction

JimFox

Staff member
So in preperation of the conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter on Dec 21st, I went out last night with the grandkids to go check out how it was looking (Dec 19th). I drove just south of Greeley to a farming area to get some open area and stay high enough that I was far enough away from the Rockies so the conjunction wouldn't be behind it. While setting up my gear around sunset I took the time to capture the moon with some still and some video shots (I am trying to learn how to do video capture of the moon). I also got a cool video with some geese I will try to process later.

Anyway, so I took some shots of the moon, this is a stack of 9 still images. My video of the moon didn't end up looking very sharp, so I have more work to do to figure that out.

I used my Nikon D850 and then my Tamron 150-600mm at 600mm with the 1.4 TC and I shot in DX mode, so that gives me a focal length of about 1260mm. My biggest problem all night though was probably the wind as it was pretty windy out. So I was glad to get these shots of the moon to turn out pretty well.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

9stack_dw.jpg

Top Bottom