Waterfall Wednesday 1/13/2021

AlanLichty

Welcome to another round of Waterfall Wednesday.

My starter falls for today are the Red Rock Falls along the Swiftcurrent River in Glacier National Park. These falls are very easy to access from the Many Glacier area and most days get a lot of visitors so the biggest problem in shooting them is catching a moment when there aren't people crawling all over them getting their selfies.

RedRockFalls4.jpg

Pile on with your own depictions of falling water.

Amy Earl

I'm contributing a recent one I took last weekend. This river is a short walk from where I live in southern VT. It's been hovering just under the freezing mark on the thermometer, so a lot of interesting ice formations have started appearing.

IMG_7881_AmyEarl_1800.jpg

I was fascinated with that ice "shield" that appeared to hover over the falls:

IMG_7880_AmyEarl_1800.jpg

AlanLichty

I'm contributing a recent one I took last weekend. This river is a short walk from where I live in southern VT. It's been hovering just under the freezing mark on the thermometer, so a lot of interesting ice formations have started appearing.

I was fascinated with that ice "shield" that appeared to hover over the falls:
Fun to see the ice alongside of the falls like this. I like the last of the fall leaves hanging out on the rocks behind the small falls in the first shot.

AlanLichty

Lucky me. I found one more waterfall I haven't posted yet. This is the Grand Falls of the Little Colorado River.
Neat falls Doug - For all of my travels growing up in Arizona I have never been to see those falls. Happily people keep posting images of the place so I can live vicariously through their visit :)

Top Bottom