Waterfall Wednesday 1/24/2018

AlanLichty

Good one Alan, never heard of or seen this one before.
Here is one I dug up. Another from Paradise river.
Nice - that river has a lot of falling water features given how steep the terrain is around Rainier.

More like a Log Fall, haven't been to Proxy Falls in a couple of years, I suspect there more now.
Taken in the Fall of' '08
I almost posted Proxy Falls today. The day I was there the skies were trying to compete with the waterfalls and I didn't dare aim my camera up into the downpour.

Very nice, all of you!
Matkatamiba in the Grand Canyon. Unfortunately, I hadn't brought an ND filter with me (next time....)
Still an interesting water feature.

Bridal Veil Falls near Glenwood Springs, Colorado.
I love the color of the pool below the falls. Seems calm compared to what came through there to deposit the logs.

Here's one from Havasu Creek. I've seen several names for it but when I was there I think Rock Falls was most common.
Very nice - that's one of the more fun falls in that place.

Mine is from Bishop Creek in the Eastern Sierra.
The fall colors are outstanding with this one.

Here is one from the New River Gorge in West Virginia.

Comments and suggestions always welcome!

Dave
Beautiful - I like the flat rock surfaces since it adds a stepped terrace topography for the water to flow over and leaves some nice water textures. Well captured here.

It's Wednesday and time for another waterfall fest.

My offering for today is Paulina Falls in the Newberry Volcanic National Monument in central Oregon. These falls are just downstream from Paulina Lake which is inside of the stratovolcano's caldera.

Let the pile on begin :)
There are just some gorgeous images here. Here are three from the Island of Kauai, HI. All are aerial images. BTW, if you have pronounced all of the vowels in a Hawaiian word you have pronounced it correctly.

This is Jurassic Falls from the movie Jurasic Park. The natives call it Manawaiopuna Falls.

Jurassic Falls Kauai.jpg

This one is of Wailea Falls.
Wailua Fals close.jpg

This is from the Weeping Wall of Mount Waialeale. I am sure that each of the falls has a name but I don't know them. Mount Waialeale is the wettest spot on earth according to Hawaiians. But in Reality it is Mawsynram in the Kashi Hills of India which averages a bit more than Waialeale. Waialeale does hold the record for the wettest month and the wettest year on earth.
Waialeale wall.jpg

Last edited:

AlanLichty

These aerial images are pretty neat since it's a view that few of us have really had with a camera in hand. I guess you have to avoid long exposure times for waterfalls however :D

These aerial images are pretty neat since it's a view that few of us have really had with a camera in hand. I guess you have to avoid long exposure times for waterfalls however :D
When I am photographing from the air I put the f-stop at 5.6 to 8.0 depending on the amount of light and the ISO at 200. I use a 24 - 70mm lens. That usually gives me enough shutter speed (1/500 +/sec) to keep things reasonably sharp.

Top Bottom