Waterfall Wednesday 10/5/2022

AlanLichty

My starter falls for today are a very different view of Multnomah Falls taken with a drone out over the Columbia River. I originally didn't think these were Multnomah as I had never really seen it from the side but after I reviewed the GPS metadata in the flight logs I could see that the drone was facing Multnomah when I snapped the shot.

DJI_M3CRGMultnomahSide162.jpg

Pile on with your own waterfall imagery.

AlanLichty

Bridalveil Falls in Yosemite Valley is little more than a trickle at this point in the season.
Wow - that really is just a trickle at this point in the season. That is also true for the waterfalls up in my area including Multnomah Falls in my image. When I shot Elowah Falls in August it was already bordering on not flowing at all and it hasn't really rained much since then.

Ken Rennie

Clashnessie Falls, from my recent trip North. I have never processed a waterfall like this before. Luckily I caught the sun in exactly the right position, earlier and it would have been visible in the shot, later and it would have shone on the water. I really need a person to show scale as this waterfall is 50ft high but looks much smaller. Three 1/6s shots mean merged to produce this, spray on the lens problem with longer exposures. Ken
1951 to 1953 merge copy 2.jpg

AlanLichty

Clashnessie Falls, from my recent trip North. I have never processed a waterfall like this before. Luckily I caught the sun in exactly the right position, earlier and it would have been visible in the shot, later and it would have shone on the water. I really need a person to show scale as this waterfall is 50ft high but looks much smaller. Three 1/6s shots mean merged to produce this, spray on the lens problem with longer exposures. Ken
Sweet falls Ken. With a 50 ft. drop I can see why you had spray issues on your lens. Nice job with what looks like difficult light.

Top Bottom