Waterfall Wednesday 11/10/2021

AlanLichty

My starter falls for today are Annice Falls along the Sweet Creek trail from my trip last week. I was there a couple of weeks earlier in October and not much fall color was visible but two weeks later was just about right for peak color. Winds from fall storms knocked the leaves off of some big leaf maples but this was still one of the better color shows I have been able to see along that trail.

SC-AnniceFalls.jpg

Pile on with your own falling water imagery.

AlanLichty

Myrtle Falls @ Mount Rainier NP
Good call on shooting these in early morning light Rick. Myrtle Falls are in deep shadows during a lot of the day making the dynamic range of shooting them with Rainier in the background almost impossible.

AlanLichty

Thanks for starting this Alan, and another fine bunch of waterfalls by you Jameel and Rick.

I believe this is from Glacier
Nice Ben - the colors in the rocks certainly looks like the Glacier area to my eyes. I don't recognize the falls however.

AlanLichty

Tom Gill, a usually tiny beck in the Lake District but after the recent heavy rain we get a little more action. Ken
Those are really neat looking falls Ken. Interesting that they look like fairly normal falls in terms of flow rate in spite of the amazing amount of rain you have had lately. These must be barely even a trickle most of the year.

Ken Rennie

Alan this is a very short beck, leass than 1 m
Those are really neat looking falls Ken. Interesting that they look like fairly normal falls in terms of flow rate in spite of the amazing amount of rain you have had lately. These must be barely even a trickle most of the year.
Alan this is the outflow of a small lake and the lake regulates the flow, but this is still a lot of water for this stream. Ken

AlanLichty

Beautiful shots, all. If you don't mind me asking, what the heck is a beck?

My first ever contribution to WW: Kaaterskill Falls in the eastern Catskills, from 10/8. It was a fun solo day trip exploring the Hudson Valley.
Glad you could join in Amy. Very nice falls and some good early fall colors for your visit.

Top Bottom