Waterfall Wednesday 4/7/2021

Ken Rennie

An image from a week ago. A 4 shot pano, each shot was a 3 shot bracket. I am not entirely happy with the resultant image. As I was climbing up to this location I had thick clouds and swirling mist and was hoping for a moody and mysterious shot but just as I arrived the sun broke through straight into the camera. It was wonderful to get out ino the wilds again and getting any image was a bonus. Ken
_DSC9601-HDR-Pano-1 full width cropped.jpg

AlanLichty

An image from a week ago. A 4 shot pano, each shot was a 3 shot bracket. I am not entirely happy with the resultant image. As I was climbing up to this location I had thick clouds and swirling mist and was hoping for a moody and mysterious shot but just as I arrived the sun broke through straight into the camera. It was wonderful to get out ino the wilds again and getting any image was a bonus. Ken
I like the result - the clouds do add a mysterious mood to the scene for my eyes and the falls are quite delightful. Patchy light on the green hillside on the right is a nice touch.

AlanLichty

Lovely images and a cool idea for a weekly thread!

I took this one over the weekend in our local woods. The fallen tree has been like this for 2-3 years now but I think another couple of tough winters and it will finally break.
I like the downstream view of this waterway and your chosen shutter speed. I'd venture that the fallen tree will break some of the smaller branches on the right long before the main trunk fails - that looks like a pretty sturdy piece of wood.

AlanLichty

Thanks for starting this Alan, nice image from your film days. I never show a film image although I have thousands, they are so poor.

Here is one more from American Fork River.
Neat point of view and a great choice for your shutter speed in this scene. I like how you have been working this river with your captures.

Top Bottom