Waterfall Wednesday 5/15/2019

AlanLichty

Time for another round of Waterfall Wednesday :)

Last week I spent some time wandering around on the trails just above Wallowa Lake in eastern Oregon and found a neat little chasm where the West Fork of the Wallowa River gets confined to a narrow channel in some steep terrain so almost endless waterfalls when you can find a vantage point to shoot them. Maps don't show a name for these features. This is a shot from an outcrop that afforded a place to plant my tripod.

Pile on with your own falls.

AlanLichty

Thanks for starting this Alan. After your visit to Spokane, I went back and dug up a shot from the Bowl and Pitcher overlook at Riverside State Park.
I have to admit I have always wondered where the name of that part of the park came from - I have stayed in the campground on several occasions now but always just as an overnight stop while going somewhere else.

Ken Rennie

Sunday was an Oops day. I don't often make technical mistakes but after spending some time with a camera club colleague showing him how keeping anti shake switched on when on a tripod took the edge off of sharpness I spent 30 minutes doing the same and shot in jpeg only.

It hasn't rained here for weeks and the rivers and streams are very low but I climbed up this little stream to see if I could get any shots. The first has vibration compensation switched on and is soft although at 1200 px wide I can get away with it. At the second location I checked and switched it off. I will return after some rain because I like little streams with falls of 2 to 15 feet, the colours are also odd due to the low leaf canopy lit by the setting sun.
_DSC7260-1.jpg
_DSC7355-1.jpg

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
I remember it as more dramatic, but probably because it was a real challenge for canoes and kayaks. Class 4 I recall

JimFox

Staff member
Time for another round of Waterfall Wednesday :)

Last week I spent some time wandering around on the trails just above Wallowa Lake in eastern Oregon and found a neat little chasm where the West Fork of the Wallowa River gets confined to a narrow channel in some steep terrain so almost endless waterfalls when you can find a vantage point to shoot them. Maps don't show a name for these features. This is a shot from an outcrop that afforded a place to plant my tripod.

Pile on with your own falls.
This is a cool one Alan. I got some fresh waterfall shots in Yosemite the last 2 days. I will process one in a little bit.

Top Bottom