Waterfall Wednesday 8/8/2018

AlanLichty

Good morning and welcome to another waterfall fest.

We may hit 100 today in Vancouver so I went digging around for a waterfall from a much cooler occasion. In this case a Christmas day venture up the Gorge to see Latourell Falls with ice at the bottom of the falls although none up on the cliffs. The wind however was off the scale and blowing hard enough to occasionally send the 249' stream of water onto the adjacent cliffs instead of properly respecting gravity.

Pile on with your own shots.

Good morning and welcome to another waterfall fest.

We may hit 100 today in Vancouver so I went digging around fo a waterfall from a much cooler occasion. In this case a Christmas day venture up the Gorge to see Latourell Falls with ice at the bottom of the falls although none up on the cliffs. The wind however was off the scale and blowing hard enough to occasionally send the 249' stream of water onto the adjacent cliffs instead of properly respecting gravity.

Pile on with your own shots.
I love the composition of this one, Alan. That little twist at the bottom of the falls adds a neat touch.

JimFox

Staff member

MonikaC

Great set, everyone! Here in the Front Range it's threatening to hit the mid-60's & drizzling rain & tornado warnings to the NE part of the state. Kind of a nice change from being inundated with wildfire smoke from elsewhere in the state (if not from other states). Another unnamed cascade on a small drainage in the James Peak Wilderness just a few days ago.

columbine-cascade.jpg

Top Bottom