Winged Wednesday 5/5/2021

Beautiful set Eric. I actually went out for birds last week at Bear River NWR in Utah. Trying out my new RF800 f11 lens. My birding skills got rusty. Here is one.

View attachment 39089
That doesn't look very rusty to me, Ben. Nice image.
The only thing my Wing Wednesday are they have wings and they were photographed from a bout on Lake Pleasant, Arizona on the same margining

Great horned owl
View attachment 39081

Same Great horned owl nest from a slightly different angle
View attachment 39080

Great egret pestered by gnats
View attachment 39085

Snowy egret
View attachment 39087

Clark's grebe
View attachment 39083

Neotropic Cormorant
View attachment 39086

Double-crested Cormorant
View attachment 39088
Great set, Eric. I love the great Egret amongst the Tamarisk branches and the Double-crested Cormorant that looks like a punk rocker.

Ken Rennie

A cold day last week out photographing waterfalls when I spotted the kestrel hovering. By the time I had clambered out of the stream and fitted a long lens it had moved much higher. Lots of fun trying to photograph it in a hail storm. I ended the day beside another waterfall with the dipper catching larvae for its brood spotlit by the late afternoon sun. Much warmer as I sat in the sun but I was not tempted to remove my wooly hat and down jacket, it still feels like winter here with fresh snow on the hills. Ken
_DSC2855-1.jpg
IMG_20210503_124348_304.jpg
_DSC3077-1.jpg

Eric Gofreed

A cold day last week out photographing waterfalls when I spotted the kestrel hovering. By the time I had clambered out of the stream and fitted a long lens it had moved much higher. Lots of fun trying to photograph it in a hail storm. I ended the day beside another waterfall with the dipper catching larvae for its brood spotlit by the late afternoon sun. Much warmer as I sat in the sun but I was not tempted to remove my wooly hat and down jacket, it still feels like winter here with fresh snow on the hills. Ken
View attachment 39095View attachment 39096View attachment 39097
great set, Ken. What country? The dipper is an call, I'm thinking Merlin for the other bird.

Ken Rennie

great set, Ken. What country? The dipper is an call, I'm thinking Merlin for the other bird.
Eric images from the English Lake District about 30 miles from home. The small hawk is a kestrel, slightly larger than a merlin and common here whereas Merlins are not. Kestrels do a lot of hovering with spread tail and rapidly beating wings. Ken

Debbie Stahre

The only thing my Wing Wednesday are they have wings and they were photographed from a bout on Lake Pleasant, Arizona on the same margining

Great horned owl
View attachment 39081

Same Great horned owl nest from a slightly different angle
View attachment 39080

Great egret pestered by gnats
View attachment 39085

Snowy egret
View attachment 39087

Clark's grebe
View attachment 39083

Neotropic Cormorant
View attachment 39086