Winter Storm Waves

AlanLichty

I love watching/shooting the wintertime waves that storms can kick up along the Oregon coastline and if you time it right the breaks in between storms can offer some incredible displays. These two images are from a January morning in 2016 at Harris Beach State Park near Brookings, Oregon. A good demonstration of the chaos that the Pacific can dish out. Not a good day to be out in the water.

AngryHB1.jpg

C&C always welcome.

lionking

Supporting Member
Man oh man, what a view, the first one is an absolute joy, like a painting.
I would be very tempted to crop the right side, without waves... perhaps square format.

Cheers!

Kyle Jones

The first one is my favorite. The dark sky really works for me. Have you looked at burning the white water in front of the waves a little?

AlanLichty

The first one is my favorite. The dark sky really works for me. Have you looked at burning the white water in front of the waves a little?
The dark area behind is actually an island named Goat Island. I had not looked into toning down the surf spray in front so I gave it a try and like the result. I also darkened the island backdrop just a bit while I was at it.

Kyle Jones

The dark area behind is actually an island named Goat Island. I had not looked into toning down the surf spray in front so I gave it a try and like the result. I also darkened the island backdrop just a bit while I was at it.
I'd originally looked at it on my phone, now that I see it on my computer I can see the details in the island. I think the edit really helps set off the waves. Very cool!

Tom Narwid

I live watching/shooting the wintertime waves that storms can kick up along the Oregon coastline and if you time it right the breaks in between storms can offer some incredible displays. These two images are from a January morning in 2016 at Harris Beach State Park near Brookings, Oregon. A good demonstration of the chaos that the Pacific can dish out. Not a good day to be out in the water.

View attachment 3415

C&C always welcome.
Yes sir Alan. Best place is on the shore. I favor the first one....very kinetic.

Top Bottom