Heading to CO tomorrow

Jeffrey

Hi All,

I'm leaving southern CA on 9-23 and traveling west to east across southern Utah and into Colorado. Once in CO I plan to do the scenic, colorful routes through Ridgeway, Delta, Crested Butte, maybe Silverton, maybe Leadville. I've got my body armor to protect me from throngs of leaf peepers and tripods. I may be getting to CO around the 28th. I know it's short notice, but will anyone else be in that area?

JimFox

Staff member
That sounds good Jeffrey. I am heading out tomorrow also, but I am changing things up. I will probably just do the Ridgway area on Thurs and Fri, and then head up to my Daughters before going over to Minnesota. With all of the fall colors @Douglas Sherman has been teasing us from the midwest, I have a hankering for something different.

A word of note, I heard the colors hadn't changed yet in Crested Butte and I don't know about Dallas Divide and that area, but much of the rest of Colorado has already turned. Monika texted me that she had been out on Guanella Pass (off the I-70 not too far from Veil) and it was all peak color up there already. So things seem to be going early in Colorado.

@Amy Nelson said she was going up in the mountains after work today, I am not sure how far south she will go, but our old friend Grizz had sent her a photo from the Cimmarons showing the scrub oak already all in red and orange, with the aspen still green.

Amy Nelson

Ran up to Cimarron after work to check on colors.

Sample-Color.2.jpg

Gorgeous color going on, much like last year where there are patches of very turned colors and then areas that haven't even started to turn yet. It's about 2 weeks ahead of last years change.

By the way, I'll be here in Colorado 😉

MonikaC

I'll be here in CO, also, but I'm moving starting this weekend. I'll have time for an overnight or so from the Front Range, but that's it.

Top Bottom