backlit egret

Beth

Well-Known Member
just had the first day over 80 degrees. summer is finally here and i'm sick of it already. all of the other birds must have gone back to their air conditioned nests because they weren't out today.


DSC08819-12.jpg
 

AlanLichty

Moderator
AC in their nests? Smart birds :)

I like the isolation of the bird here. Pretty heavy vignetting but it feels like it fits with this scene.
 

Beth

Well-Known Member
AC in their nests? Smart birds :)

I like the isolation of the bird here. Pretty heavy vignetting but it feels like it fits with this scene.
thanks alan.

the vignetting is all natural. i was shooting from the driver's seat through the passenger window and had my camera propped up on my camera bag, which was propped up on my go bag so it would be tall enough. one of them started sagging and the side of the car window slowly slid into view. so glad i have a dark grey interior instead of light brown. there's a few shots without the car door, but i like it with.

Awesome pose!

80 is our normal temp here...:p
thanks jim. you have 0% humidity. i rolled my window down and took a shower yesterday in the humidity.
 

Jim Dockery

Well-Known Member
Nice shot. I don't mind the vignetting at all, but might brighten and add some contrast to the bird just a bit.
 

Alisa

Well-Known Member
super cool! we have them here close to home but I only see them swimming around.
 
Top Bottom