This corner of the Bisti/De-Na-Zin Wilderness is found by hiking the opposite direction from the parking lot as most of the well known hoodoos. This area is as photogenic as the rest of the Bisti, but requires less of a time commitment.
I spent some time up in that area on my last visit there. Lots of fun stuff to shoot up that way with delightful colors just like you found for this shot. The really dark gravel looking stuff is crumbling petrified wood and the reds are basically ceramic from clay deposits that got baked by an underground coal fire.
I spent some time up in that area on my last visit there. Lots of fun stuff to shoot up that way with delightful colors just like you found for this shot. The really dark gravel looking stuff is crumbling petrified wood and the reds are basically ceramic from clay deposits that got baked by an underground coal fire.
There is an issue with Uploading Photos (attachjments). I am not sure what the problem is, and I am looking into it. You can still try to Create your Threads and Upload your Photos, but it is hanging up during the Upload.