Before the Sky Opened...

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Driving back from our Texas Eclipse location, it became impossible to ignore the massive fields of wildflowers that lined the highway. We took a quick stop along Highway 76 and I captured this. IOt is an HDR from 3 images. The first is the original with slight cropping and the 2nd is a pano crop treatment of the same image eliminating some of the foreground. Which one works best?

Original version:

LRCC_sRGB_TexasWildflowers_TAP19214_5_6.jpg



Pano cropped version:

LRCC_sRGB_TexasWildflowers-Pano_TAP19214_5_6.jpg



A little while after this the torrential rains started and were with us for the rest of the day.

ML
 

AlanLichty

Moderator
I think the pano version keeps my eyes focused on the blooms a bit better. The first one is nice for showing more details on the foreground flowers but they distract my eyes from really looking at extensive the fields of bloom were.
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Glad you stopped for some wildflowers Mike. There was so many around the Fredericksburg area.

The pano crop is s huge improvement over the original I think.
 
Top Bottom