Behind the range

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
This is a shot I took yesterday afternoon on the east side of the Wasatch range. I was scouting a way to get to my favorite place Mill Ridge, but was thwarted by construction. I liked this view and thought it would make a good B&W

Like to hear any and all CC

200721-13845-5DS R B%W.jpg

AlanLichty

Nice B&W - not too contrasty but still showing the full range of light. Not much snow left up near the peaks in this view. I have always liked the upland areas of the Wasatch Range with their alpine settings.

JimFox

Staff member
Very nice B&W Ben. I am not so sure about that tall thin tree rising up through the shot. Maybe showing more if the trees on the bottom would help anchor that tall tree better.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Very nice B&W Ben. I am not so sure about that tall thin tree rising up through the shot. Maybe showing more if the trees on the bottom would help anchor that tall tree better.
I was wondering about that tree. Never considered having more of the lower trees to anchor it, this is uncropped so not much chanch of getting them now. Thanks for you coment.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Nice B&W - not too contrasty but still showing the full range of light. Not much snow left up near the peaks in this view. I have always liked the upland areas of the Wasatch Range with their alpine settings.
Thanks Alan it has been a hot summer. But I saw a lot of ferns which are pretty rare in Utah.

Nice conversion Ben, range of tones handled well.
Thanks Jameel, I am working on a B&W eye. Not so hard to make stuff happen if you know what it is you want to happen.:mad:

Top Bottom