Best of 2022

Hi y'all

The 2022 has been a roller coaster year for me & my family, so many events happened but we are getting back to a kind of "new normal" . This year I did not go on many trips like planned, in stead I am taking less pictures but meaningful ones, it's also a year of inflection on my photogrpahy styles; if anything, I learned never take your health, loved ones for granted; I am so grateful for my photographer friends, students who gave me support in this trying time. Let me say a big "THANK YOU".

Here are some my personal favorites to share with everyone at Focal World, thanks to Jim, Ben, Doug, Mike, Jameel,Alan, Michael & all other staff,.... you guys are wonderful.

I wish you & your family peace, health & joy.

Oliver

1) Monument Valley Sunset

BRC07255-PanoMonumentValleyFB.jpg

2) Yosemite Valley After The Snow Storm

_B4C2263HalfdomeReflectionFB.jpg

3) November Firefall

_B4C1100Firefall169CropOctFB.jpg

4) Green Pond

_BRC3823PondFB.jpg

5) Bridal Veil in spot light Yosemite National Park

BRC0557945CropBridalFB.jpg

6) Keyhole Arch Milkyway

It tooke me three years to get this composition when the weather, tide & Milkyway all aligned.

_B4C8965KeyHoldArchFB.jpg

7) Shark In The Bay

This year I am using a tracker to reshoot many compositions along the Santa Cruz coast, this one came out really nice.

_B4C4198SharkFinStars45CropFB.jpg

8) Dancing Willows

The Spring weather has been very kind to me this year, driving two hours to get this shot was well worth it.

_BRC4244-willow-PanoFB.jpg

9) Church In Town

_BRC280845CropChurchFB.jpg

10) Light Speed

Light show in Paso Robles

_B4C5220LightSpeedFB.jpg

11) James Pond Autumn

_BRC3200-235-FB.jpg

12) Monument Valley Sunset

BRC07202-Pano235CropFramed3K.jpg

Trent Watts

Such a great set of images Oliver. Number 6 was my favourite. I'm very new to astrophotography and can appreciate the skill and patience that went into that shot.

Rick Nantais

Hi y'all

The 2022 has been a roller coaster year for me & my family, so many events happened but we are getting back to a kind of "new normal" . This year I did not go on many trips like planned, in stead I am taking less pictures but meaningful ones, it's also a year of inflection on my photogrpahy styles; if anything, I learned never take your health, loved ones for granted; I am so grateful for my photographer friends, students who gave me support in this trying time. Let me say a big "THANK YOU".

Here are some my personal favorites to share with everyone at Focal World, thanks to Jim, Ben, Doug, Mike, Jameel,Alan, Michael & all other staff,.... you guys are wonderful.

I wish you & your family peace, health & joy.

Oliver

1) Monument Valley Sunset

View attachment 55130

2) Yosemite Valley After The Snow Storm

View attachment 55131

3) November Firefall

View attachment 55132

4) Green Pond

View attachment 55133

5) Bridal Veil in spot light Yosemite National Park

View attachment 55134

6) Keyhole Arch Milkyway

It tooke me three years to get this composition when the weather, tide & Milkyway all aligned.

View attachment 55135

7) Shark In The Bay

This year I am using a tracker to reshoot many compositions along the Santa Cruz coast, this one came out really nice.

View attachment 55136

8) Dancing Willows

The Spring weather has been very kind to me this year, driving two hours to get this shot was well worth it.

View attachment 55137

9) Church In Town

View attachment 55138

10) Light Speed

Light show in Paso Robles

View attachment 55139

11) James Pond Autumn

View attachment 55140

12) Monument Valley Sunset

View attachment 55141
Your work is incredible. Love all of them.

What a gorgeous set of images. Happy new year.
Ben, happy year to you & your family.
You had a really good year in images Oliver. Excellent work in all of these. Hope your 2023 works out well too.
Alan, thanks, I am feeling more confident with the drones, so I will try more arial videos.
Such a great set of images Oliver. Number 6 was my favourite. I'm very new to astrophotography and can appreciate the skill and patience that went into that shot.

Trent, thanks, I started with wide field astro photos, will move onto longer focal length.
Your work is incredible. Love all of them.
Thank you Rick.
You've melted my face with these images, Oliver. Great job!

No. 8 is my favorite.

Thank you Michael.
Wonderful and diverse set of images! 2, 6 and 11 stand out for me. Happy New Year!
Thank you Kyle, you & I probagly go to Yosemite National Park more often, isn't it a great place.
Beautiful images Oliver!

Thank you Jeffery.
You had a wonderful year! My favs are all the even numbered ones, 2. 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12.
Thank you Bob.
I like them all but #2, #3, #8, #10, and #12 are especially memorable.

ML
Thank you Mike, the sunset at Monument Valley two weeks ago, it was a dream come true.

Super interesting images, thanks for sharing.

Thank you Comet Hunter.

Oliver

Top Bottom