Coigach, NW Scotland

AlanLichty

Moderator
Beautiful little islands and a lot of them. Am I correct that a number of these are inhabited? Lots of nice looking little inlets and natural bays.
 

Ken Rennie

Well-Known Member
All uninhabited now Alan. These are the setting for the Wicker Man film, very scary. The boats are fishing boats,r just in a safe anchorage, the North Atlantic is just to the right and it gets rough, even in the Summer. Ken
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
What a great place to be camping Ken! I sure like the pano formats with these images.

Have fun on the mountain, that will be great I am sure!
 

Ian Cameron

Member
Coigach is a wonderful place actually I live in Scotland and the Inverpolly area is my favourite location of all its sceneic regions. I assume you have already visited Achnahaird Bay. Just for the record if you are in a camper van there is a lovely wee car park with facilities at Knockan Crag which has a great overlook to the mountains over a loch with wee Stac Pollaidh nestled behind, it's a great place on a Summer evening and an instant out of the window view if the weather plays ball great at twilight too. If you fancy a lofty 15 minute high view there is one that takes you up to the top of the escarpment behind the car park. A stone staircase takes you to the top. Here's a summer sunset image taken last year admittedly with two camper vans a few feet away, taken after a typical summer downpour. Have a great time Ken doubtless I shall visit again come October.
Sunset-Pano-Knockan-Crag-ntl.jpg
 

Ken Rennie

Well-Known Member
Coigach is a wonderful place actually I live in Scotland and the Inverpolly area is my favourite location of all its sceneic regions. I assume you have already visited Achnahaird Bay. Just for the record if you are in a camper van there is a lovely wee car park with facilities at Knockan Crag which has a great overlook to the mountains over a loch with wee Stac Pollaidh nestled behind, it's a great place on a Summer evening and an instant out of the window view if the weather plays ball great at twilight too. If you fancy a lofty 15 minute high view there is one that takes you up to the top of the escarpment behind the car park. A stone staircase takes you to the top. Here's a summer sunset image taken last year admittedly with two camper vans a few feet away, taken after a typical summer downpour. Have a great time Ken doubtless I shall visit again come October.View attachment 64380
Thanks for the info Ian. I am a frequent visitor but wouldn't say that I know the area well. I am also Scottish which unfortunately doesn't make me immune to midge bights. Ken
 

Ken Rennie

Well-Known Member
Coigach is a wonderful place actually I live in Scotland and the Inverpolly area is my favourite location of all its sceneic regions. I assume you have already visited Achnahaird Bay. Just for the record if you are in a camper van there is a lovely wee car park with facilities at Knockan Crag which has a great overlook to the mountains over a loch with wee Stac Pollaidh nestled behind, it's a great place on a Summer evening and an instant out of the window view if the weather plays ball great at twilight too. If you fancy a lofty 15 minute high view there is one that takes you up to the top of the escarpment behind the car park. A stone staircase takes you to the top. Here's a summer sunset image taken last year admittedly with two camper vans a few feet away, taken after a typical summer downpour. Have a great time Ken doubtless I shall visit again come October.View attachment 64380
 

Ken Rennie

Well-Known Member
Great image Ian. I know Knockan Crag. We are old style campers, in a tent, speaking of which we have a bit of wind coming in, 60mph gusts, so about to take the big tent down and out the little one up. Walked up Sgurr an Fhidhleir yesterday, images when I get home. Ken
 
Coigach is a wonderful place actually I live in Scotland and the Inverpolly area is my favourite location of all its sceneic regions. I assume you have already visited Achnahaird Bay. Just for the record if you are in a camper van there is a lovely wee car park with facilities at Knockan Crag which has a great overlook to the mountains over a loch with wee Stac Pollaidh nestled behind, it's a great place on a Summer evening and an instant out of the window view if the weather plays ball great at twilight too. If you fancy a lofty 15 minute high view there is one that takes you up to the top of the escarpment behind the car park. A stone staircase takes you to the top. Here's a summer sunset image taken last year admittedly with two camper vans a few feet away, taken after a typical summer downpour. Have a great time Ken doubtless I shall visit again come October.View attachment 64380
Ian, this is a gorgeous shot, love the soft hues.

Welcome to Focal world.

Oliver
 

Graeme F

Well-Known Member
fantastic as ever Ken. Heading to the Isle of Skye later in the year so hope to capture similar images then (weather permitting!)
 
Top Bottom