Crazy Rocks

JimFox

Staff member
A GoPro Hero 9 timelapse I captured last week out in Joshua Tree. This is an area by Skull Rock that has tons of wild looking crazy rocks.

GoPro Hero 9
Processed totally in Movavi

All comments are welcome,

Jim

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Good one Jim. I had the idea that Joshua Tree was up by Lake Isabella, I just Googled it. I used to go to visit an Uncle there and while driving down from Bishop, I could swear I saw signs for Joshua Tree. I even stopped for pictures. But no park of any kind shows up there. Must be losing it.

JimFox

Staff member
Thanks Ben. The Salton Sea is the closest lake. Joshua Tree is down by Palm Springs. Maybe you were thinking of the Alabama Hills?

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
No in fact I was driving from Lone Pine at the time. This was after turning off of 395 to go to Isabella.

JimFox

Staff member
Maybe the sign for Trona Pinnacles? There definitely would not be signs for Joshua Tree way up there.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Jim, I am pretty sure there is a Joshua Tree Preserve up there, there are Joshua trees up there. It would be on state route 178, after turning off of 14 (not 305 as I said earlier).

JimFox

Staff member
Interesting. There certainly could be a preserve of Joshua Trees, as you know they are all over that area. Death Valley as a ton of them on the west side of it. I will have to keep my eye out the next time I drive up there.

Top Bottom