Easter Portrait Transformation

JimFox

Staff member
My daughter wasn't able to get to her normal local photographer that does my daughters children photoshoots for birthdays and holidays. So she set up a makeshift backdrop and took the kids photos with her Nikon D3500 she got for Christmas a year ago. It's a tiny camera but seems to have some pretty nice IQ.

Anyway, she had a bunch she sent out. I decided to take one of them, and do a little work to spice it up. With 6 kids she has very limited time to be able to sit down and process them herself.

So, I replaced Caleb's face, changed the color of the rug and added a background.

Now this isn't perfect, but I had fun for a few hours in a break from working on my photos.

Jim

Before:
DSC_0086_w.jpg

After:
DSC_0086_dw.jpg

JimFox

Staff member
Nice work Jim, I especially like the background in the second image.
Thanks Ben. I am not pretending it's going to look like a pro studio with a real background, but for my daughter it's important that she can get these seasonal photos with the kids constantly growing and changing. So I thought at least it looks a bit nicer then with that blanket for a backdrop.

JimFox

Staff member
Good job Jim! These would look good printed even 8x10 probably
Thanks Dave!
They would print bigger then that, they were shot with a 24mp crop sensor. Not sure what my daughters intentions are, most of her stuff now jut goes on FB. But she does have walls and walls covered with photos of the kids too.

Jim Dockery

Nice work. I'm sure the kids love it too and want to go there someday! BTW what a bunch of happy cuties.

Top Bottom