Lucky Shot...?

Frank Papini

I call this shot Lucky Shot... but I planned for it! :) I knew the shot I wanted to do during the hora... I wanted to shoot it with a fisheye, in this case a Nikon 10.5mm on a Fuji S2 (anybody remember those?) mounted on a monopod, focus set to about 6-7 feet, at f/4, while firing the camera with an air-release (okay... anybody remember THOSE things?!) so when it came time to do that, I handed my main camera to my assistant (Nikon D2X) and I grabbed the Fuji, raised it above the chair, and just then, the confetti canons fired... what?! why didn't they tell me they were going to have those?! I managed to fire about 3 shots before the confetti got around to his face, but I got this one! and there is NOT ONE piece of paper anywhere on his face!!! YES!!! I further worked on it, made a digital mat, and had some of the confetti be flying on the outside of the image itself. I thought it looked good! The mother kept on insisting I entered the image into some kind of contest... but I have NEVER entered any of my images into a contest.

Aaron Chair_002.jpg

JimFox

Staff member
Hey Frank,

This is pretty cool. You may call this luck, I call it being prepared. :)

Good work, and the confetti coming out on to the matting is really cool.

Jim

Top Bottom