NGC7822 The Question Mark Nebula (minus the mark)

Comet Hunter

Supporting Member
Just under 14 hours captured Wed and Thur nights here in Anderson SC

DO you prefer lots of stars or fewer ones?

Willion Optics GT71, Wed night I used the Antlia ALPT and last night I used the Optolong L-Extreme, why? Experimenting I guess... lol
ASI2600 MC, Skywatcher EQ6R mount, ASIAIR pro w/EAF

All comments welcome

NGC7822Rev1 stars.jpg


NGC7822_less stars.jpg
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
I question why there is no mark in the question mark.... 🤣

Totally kidding Ed, that bad joke wrote itself though. :eek:

It's actually great to get tighter and get more detail while leaving out parts of an object.

It's odd, when I first started out, I think I liked images with fewer stars, but I think the amount of stars in #1 is perfect. I have seen it where there are so many stars you have a hard time making out the object. But I like #1 the best, it's a great balance.

And also great detail on the Question part of the Question Mark.
 

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
very nice Ed - I agree with Jim, the amount and impact of the stars in version 1 works very well to my eye. The 2nd version looks artificially sparse on the starfield.

ML
 
Top Bottom