Amy Nelson
Well-Known Member
I went out yesterday for about an hour in the morning and then again for a few hours up to dark (I would say sunset, but unfortunately it didn't happen). This is the first time I've been out shooting in many weeks and it felt so good to be out.
Both times a buck totally caught me off guard. I was shooting the mountains in the opposite direction when I caught sight of this guy coming up behind me. I was so excited and unprepared to shoot something that close. He was only 25-30 feet away, stood there for a minute let me get a couple of shots off and then took a right turn and headed off back into the woods. The one this morning really surprised me. I was crouched down in the middle of a bridge taking photos of early morning frost next to a river, and all of a sudden there was a buck standing at the end of the bridge just watching me. Unfortunately I was shooting in IR and he was standing in a shady area so the shot didn't come out that great.
Both times a buck totally caught me off guard. I was shooting the mountains in the opposite direction when I caught sight of this guy coming up behind me. I was so excited and unprepared to shoot something that close. He was only 25-30 feet away, stood there for a minute let me get a couple of shots off and then took a right turn and headed off back into the woods. The one this morning really surprised me. I was crouched down in the middle of a bridge taking photos of early morning frost next to a river, and all of a sudden there was a buck standing at the end of the bridge just watching me. Unfortunately I was shooting in IR and he was standing in a shady area so the shot didn't come out that great.