The Bob Ross Effect

ProCaliberTraveler

This photo comes from California City. I was driving back from Tehachapi for a work event, and this part of State Route 14 is surrounded by excellent Joshua trees so I decided to stop and take a picture.

I liked how the clouds looked as if Bob Ross tried to make a reflection on his canvas by scraping straight down, if that makes sense.

I applied the IR filter in Photoshop. F/9, 1/160, ISO 100

40037D1E-FC3D-4ADB-BEF4-CF2301AE4397.jpeg

JimFox

Staff member
Bob Ross would be proud! I think he has passed away?

I love how the clouds are intertwined with the branches of the Joshua Tree! Good choice on stopping! I know how easy it can be to see something cool and just keep driving while thinking the next one I will stop, only to then drive another 100 miles and not have stopped at any of them.

ProCaliberTraveler

Bob Ross would be proud! I think he has passed away?

I love how the clouds are intertwined with the branches of the Joshua Tree! Good choice on stopping! I know how easy it can be to see something cool and just keep driving while thinking the next one I will stop, only to then drive another 100 miles and not have stopped at any of them.
Yes, he died in 1995.

it takes me a long time to get home sometimes…

JimFox

Staff member
Yes, he died in 1995.

it takes me a long time to get home sometimes…
Ha ha, I bet it does take a long time.

It's interesting with Bob Ross, because there is still a lot of him seen and talked about on TV, so that's where it can get confusing because he is often talked about in present tense it seems. He sure has had a lasting effect on people.

Top Bottom