Thursday’s Task

AlanLichty

Moderator
I like your images of the South Dakota landscapes. Interesting looking place That said I have never been anywhere near the Dakotas to be able to contribute to this week's task.
 

John Holbrook

Well-Known Member
I like your images of the South Dakota landscapes. Interesting looking place That said I have never been anywhere near the Dakotas to be able to contribute to this week's task.
If you would like: post the nearest area you have taken photos—Montana, Wyoming, Idaho…or anywhere you choose. Any photos you choose to post would be appreciated.
 

AlanLichty

Moderator
Nearest images I have for the Dakotas are from Montana and Wyoming from visits to Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks.

Lower St. Mary Lake in Glacier National Park.

LowerStMary.jpg


Lower Geyser Basin in Yellowstone NP.

LowerGeyserBasin3LP.jpg


Gallatin Mountain Range in Yellowstone NP

GallatinsInYellowstone.jpg


Gallatin River in Montana

Gallatin1.jpg
 

John Holbrook

Well-Known Member
Nearest images I have for the Dakotas are from Montana and Wyoming from visits to Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks.

Lower St. Mary Lake in Glacier National Park.

View attachment 92307

Lower Geyser Basin in Yellowstone NP.

View attachment 92308

Gallatin Mountain Range in Yellowstone NP

View attachment 92309

Gallatin River in Montana

View attachment 92310
Alan, thank you for your gorgeous images you shared—and close enough to the Dakotas! I really like the Glacier Park image with layered composition—very nice. I love the Lower Geyser Basin image with the steam rising to the colorful sky. Gorgeous and a definite favorite. The Gallatin Mountain Range is a well composed layered panorama. Nice! The Gallatin River is another favorite—I like the colorful bush and rocky foreground adding visual interest to the composition. Very nice too. Again thanks for adding to this week’s Task.
 

Jameel Hyder

Moderator
Staff member
Like Alan, I haven’t been to the dakotas either. Will post some from close locations when I get home.
 

John Holbrook

Well-Known Member
Here are a couple.

Lake McDonald, Glacier NP
View attachment 92312

Snake River Lookout, Grand Tetons
View attachment 92313

Oxbow Bend, Grand Tetons
View attachment 92314
Jameel, thank you for posting these truly beautiful images. I love the Glacier NP image—love the wide angle composition you created. A definite favorite. The Snake River composition encompasses an interesting point of view—love the mountains and clouds. Very nice. The Oxbow Bend, my personal favorite, is one gorgeous image! Love the mountains and autumn trees—and their reflections captured. Very nice. Thank you for your interpretation of this week’s Task—works for me!
 

John Holbrook

Well-Known Member
I did drive through Dakota, though I wasn't in a Dakota, I did take photos in Dakota, North Dakota that is. :)

Here are some from Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota from a week ago.


#!
View attachment 92398


#2
View attachment 92399



#3
View attachment 92400


#4
View attachment 92401
Jim, thank you for your images for this week’s Task! I got a kick out of your prairie dog image—a good model! I love the second image, a very strong composition. I like the rocky formations contrasting with the nearby desert plants. Very nice and a favorite. The third image with the winding stream and bordering autumn trees is another well conceived composition. The rocky foreground aids the image too. Another favorite. Speaking of winding elements, the fourth image with the curved dirt path is another very nice image too.
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Jim, thank you for your images for this week’s Task! I got a kick out of your prairie dog image—a good model! I love the second image, a very strong composition. I like the rocky formations contrasting with the nearby desert plants. Very nice and a favorite. The third image with the winding stream and bordering autumn trees is another well conceived composition. The rocky foreground aids the image too. Another favorite. Speaking of winding elements, the fourth image with the curved dirt path is another very nice image too.
Thank you John! I am glad you enjoyed these. I really should participate more in the Thursdays Task, but I get so buried with other things. But I am going to try to share more in them.
 
Top Bottom