Douglas Sherman
Staff
The first one is near dusk at White Sands National Monument and the second one is at Guadalupe Mountains National Park late in the day.
Thank you, Alan.I love the light in the first one with the neat shadows and no footprints.
There are some really interesting diagonals in the composition of the second image between the sky, the mountains, and the dunes. I like the balance.
Thanks so much, Ben.Two outstanding images.
Thanks, Jim.Second one for me. The divergent lines and bright blue sky with clouds makes a nice comp.
You hit he nail on the head with your comment about the first one, Jeffrey. I was in a rush when I took that image. The light was about to end and I knew I had the wrong lens and I didn't have time to back up and recompose. I tried to fix it in Photoshop by increasing the crop area and then use content aware to fill in the extra space but I ran into all kinds of problems. I am going to continue to try and fix it and will post it if I can get it to work.I like them both Douglas. The first one is a bit tightly cropped, but still a classic.
Thanks a lot, Jameel.A nice pair of images Doug. The second one for me as well.
Thanks so much, Jim. I didn't have a choice on the composition as I explained to Jeffrey above.Hey Doug, both of these are awesome! I agree #1 is the winner. And while it's a tight shot, I think it works as you have edited Doug.