2 From Behind My House

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
The wonderful open space trail that runs right behind my house can sometimes be a very special place, and often Fall is one of those times. While walking the dog this afternoon I suddenly realized that things back there had progressed to a point where I did not have to get in my car and drive somewhere to see some special color. By the time I got back to the house to grab my camera, the Sun was mostly in clouds, but the indirect light actually brought out the color and detail very nicely. Here are 2 from that walk.

This tree was really glowing, and a chance to get a little more practice on shooting vertical (something I need to do more often...):

LRCC_GoldenTreeFence_sRGB_FW_TAP46829.jpg


This is a 4 image blend for focus stacking, something I am trying to get more proficient with., shot just a couple minutes farther down the trail, looking back in the direction of my house.

LRCC_LogwithTrees_sRGB_TAP46841-44-47-50_Blend_PSCC2_TAP46841.jpg


Comments and critiques welcome.

ML
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Very cool Mike! This open space is something you need to keep taking advantage of as its really cool. Your #1 is really great in every way. Like you, I rarely shoot vertical so I can certainly feel for you on that.

I would encourage you for the next week or so to take your camera with you when you walk your dog and try to come up with a different photo each day of that tree. That could be a fun exercise for you photography muscles. :)
 

AlanLichty

Moderator
Nice trail to have behind your abode - wish I had something similar. I really like that second image - nice work in processing that one. You made it feel like I am standing there instead of looking at an image.
 

ckcarr

Founding Member
Very nice!
That's like me. I have a nice, preserved small open space with deer and stuff (Although the hippy garden showed up this year!). Everything else is getting developed around here.
 

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Thanks everyone! I surprised myself with these. Funny how sometimes when you go out with minimal expectations you get something you really like.

Good idea, Jim, I will have to give that a try. I was wanting to try an IR spin on some of the stuff back there too, will see how that goes. I am not sure if Ellie (my dog) is into this as much as I am though, will have to try to get her on board with the idea :)

ML
 
Top Bottom