4th of July Fireworks, NH

Amy Earl

Most of the bigger towns near us had canceled their fireworks, so we dropped by this little lake in my small hometown. We sat on a dock and had a front row seat for the lake organization's little show and it was actually quite nice (I'm not a huge fan of fireworks generally). Some lakeside residents fired off their own fireworks during the pauses. I enjoyed capturing a few shots and was surprised I was able to get anything worth saving.

Which one is your favorite?

20200705_IMG_8422_AmyEarl.jpg

20200705_IMG_8485_AmyEarl.jpg

20200705_IMG_8542_AmyEarl.jpg

20200705_IMG_8473_AmyEarl.jpg

JimFox

Staff member
What a really great display Amy! I am glad you got to capture them. My favorites are #1 and 3. It's cool with the lake that you can get their reflections too.

I also shot the fireworks yesterday, I just finished my first shot of them which I will post in a sec.

AlanLichty

Not bad at all. Nice scene for shooting them with the reflections. too.

Our neighborhoods go bonkers for their fireworks on the fourth and last night was a lot more than I was used to seeing/hearing. Some of the big boomers like the ones in shots 3 and 4 rattle our windows when they went off right over our house. I go out on our deck and watch but there is too much light pollution from our streetlights and houses.

Amy Earl

What a really great display Amy! I am glad you got to capture them. My favorites are #1 and 3. It's cool with the lake that you can get their reflections too.

I also shot the fireworks yesterday, I just finished my first shot of them which I will post in a sec.
Thanks Jim. I got some more with reflections that I'll post soon, they were quite interesting because the colors of the fireworks in the reflection turned out quite different than they did in the air.
Not bad at all. Nice scene for shooting them with the reflections. too.

Our neighborhoods go bonkers for their fireworks on the fourth and last night was a lot more than I was used to seeing/hearing. Some of the big boomers like the ones in shots 3 and 4 rattle our windows when they went off right over our house. I go out on our deck and watch but there is too much light pollution from our streetlights and houses.
I'm surprised this year was so active, I would have assumed it would be more quiet due to the pandemic, but then again, I guess people are needing to reclaim the feeling of normal "independence" :)

Nice work Amy.
Thanks Ben!

Top Bottom