A shipwreck to play with

AlanLichty

I posted a shot of the Peter Iredale shipwreck in the Transportation forum (here)and Jim wanted to see this one as a play candidate in this forum. For the record I did originally try processing this as a B&W but wasn't satisfied with how the conversions rendered the rusty old ironwork.

Go wild and have fun with it - this was an iPhone capture taken with a light misty rain falling.

PeterIredale.jpg

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Great Alan, I will play with this later. No dng? Maybe does not matter with an Iphone image.

Tom Narwid

I posted a shot of the Peter Iredale shipwreck in the Transportation forum (here)and Jim wanted to see this one as a play candidate in this forum. For the record I did originally try processing this as a B&W but wasn't satisfied with how the conversions rendered the rusty old ironwork.

Go wild and have fun with it - this was an iPhone capture taken with a light misty rain falling.

View attachment 32271
Hey Alan... h ow about getting a parking meter an put it on top of the front sticking up (lol)

Amy Earl

Jumping in to add my own b&w version long after the fact :) This is a really cool picture, Alan.

I kept the contrasty blacks on the hull to honor the monolithic impression afforded by the perspective and got rid of the boat in the background near the left edge.

20200915_PeterIredale-Edit_AmyEarl.jpg

AlanLichty

Jumping in to add my own b&w version long after the fact :) This is a really cool picture, Alan.

I kept the contrasty blacks on the hull to honor the monolithic impression afforded by the perspective and got rid of the boat in the background near the left edge.
Nice take on the scene Amy. The objects you cloned out on the left were cars in a parking area - the Pacific is visible along the right about half way up the frame.

Amy Earl

@AlanLichty Ah, that makes sense, I was wondering what a boat was doing over there! This was nicely composed with those couple posts visible through the bow. It's a shame you don't have a RAW version, it might have been possible to get some more detail out of the background mist. But if it was lightly raining then maybe not.

Top Bottom