Anyone buy from Abe's of Maine?

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
I finally sold my last major pieces of Canon EF gear, the 5DSR, 24-70 f2.8 and 11-24 f4. All sold to MBP. Not as much as I wanted but not bad and they are good to work with.

Now I want an RF15-35 f2.8 but Canon and B&H has them on backorder. There are a couple used ones at MPB, but at near full price. Some on Ebay and Amazon at inflated prices. But Abe has some at lower than B&H. I am a bit worried about this because they have had stock for a few weeks, why when there is an obvious shortage?

I have no experience with Abes, so I thought I would ask.

Last edited:

AlanLichty

I bought a couple of camera bodies from them years ago and was pretty fed up with their incessant efforts to upsell other items I wasn’t interested in buying. They were rather rude over the fact that I wouldn’t budge on buying more with my order.

They are just another pushy New York City camera store and not in Maine at all. It’s been quite a few years since I dealt with them but I won’t be calling them again.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Thanks Alan. I am happy with B&H, but they seem to be the last to get Canon backorders. I have been buying from Canon but they are also backordered. Lucky I am not doing much photography until fall.

JimFox

Staff member
I used them once years ago. It seemed like they were okay. But they can do some sort of sneaky things like selling a new camera without the battery and making you have to buy the over priced battery to make up for the cheaply priced camera.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
I was suspicious of their low price and wondering if it included the lens hood. I think I will wait

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Try UniquePhoto.com. I bought several items from them recently. Smooth transaction and they often have stock when B&H doesn't. Also they don't charge sales tax.

Top Bottom