Artist's Palette Night

AlanLichty

Moderator
Neat result - I really like how this turned out and especially the skies. The aqua mineral hues kind of jump out in the moonlight and interesting how many of the other mineral colors on those slopes can only barely be seen.
 
The moon set was at a convenient time, though I started a bit late. I caught the last light on the ground layer during my long exposure right after I started. Sky is 15 stacked images. All comments welcome!

Tim

Painting the Night
View attachment 45123

Tim, this is fabulous work. I have been to this spot many times but have never taken night photo, well done.

Oliver
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Awesome work Tim! I love it. The Artists Palette has turned into one of my favorite area's to photograph at night.
 

Jim Dockery

Well-Known Member
Very cool. One of my favorite spots in DV, dusk being my favorite time so far. Never thought of doing night shots but will try next time esp. if there is some moon light.
 

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
The amount of light available during a full moon using long exposure is amazing and because it is softer light than full sun, it makes for some great landscapes. This one is especially nice.
 
Top Bottom