Backlit Lily +edit

AlanLichty

Moderator
A nice backlit bloom in its early stages in a small cluster of Calla Lilies along a walking trail at the edge of Brookings. I am not sure this is a native to this area and suspect that its an escapee from domestic gardens in the Brookings area. I don't recall ever seeing these along the coast this far north before although there are lots of them farther south along the California coastline.

CLily1.jpg


C&C always welcome.

Edit suggested by Ben (good one too) to remove the leftmost stem:

 
Last edited:

Terry Farrow

Well-Known Member
A nice backlit bloom in its early stages in a small cluster of Calla Lilies along a walking trail at the edge of Brookings. I am not sure this is a native to this area and suspect that its an escapee from domestic gardens in the Brookings area. I don't recall ever seeing these along the coast this far north before although there are lots of them farther south along the California coastline.

View attachment 26240

C&C always welcome.

Edit suggested by Ben (good one too) to remove the leftmost stem:

Nicely backlit Alan highlighting the veins in the lily.
 

Amy Earl

Well-Known Member
Awesome, love the edit and backlighting. Good eye noticing that water drop!

That's nice, Alan but it would be fantastic if you blurred that background. I love that little droplet of water too.
I'm curious how this would look too, now that you mention it. More background blur might make the subject jump out better (less distraction).
 
Top Bottom