Cathedral Valley overlook (new edit +1)

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
This is from back in May. I could have used this for Thursdays Task as I slept in the back of my truck that night. But this is sunset, and I actually drove down in the valley for the sunrise images.

Two views,

Tight
200507-12867-5DS R.jpg

Wide
200507-12866-5DS R.jpg

New version of the tight image with some work to bring out the sky.

200507-12867-5DS RA.jpg

@nd edit to keep new sky old foreground
200507-12867-5DS RA1.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

AlanLichty

Neat viewpoints for this place. My clear favorite is the first one - I love the evening light on all that scene. The little twisty road down in the valley screams "Drive me".

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Neat pair. The first one for me as well. Nice evening light brings out the colors of the rocks. Perhaps a bit more color and detail can be coaxed out of the sky. A great image regardless.

Last edited:

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Thanks all for the comments. I reworked the tight image to get better sky detail per Jameels suggestion.

AlanLichty

I am also still favoring the first image of the set. The valley floor in the edit has less light than the first version and that was what really pulled me into the scene.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
I am also still favoring the first image of the set. The valley floor in the edit has less light than the first version and that was what really pulled me into the scene.
Agree with Alan. The sky of the edited image with the rest as original one would be my choice.
Thanks for the feedback guys, the added gamma was originally intended for the sky, but when I saw how it looked on the other areas I left it in., Easy to fix.

See 2nd edit

Last edited:
Top Bottom