Mike Lewis
Staff Member
I went out on an afternoon mountain drive yesterday, taking advantage of some nice weather (if you don't count the crazy high winds...) It was near enough to the middle of the day to make for some harsh light, and for many of the subjects that I found that lighting did not work well. At one point early I climbed down into the creek bed alongside the highway to shoot some more intimate type subjects, which is a bit different than what I typically gravitate towards shooting. Even there, the lighting was a challenge. I shot a lot with a tripod, but inevitably I saw something after I had stood up and folded up the tripod that I wanted to image. I ended up handholding the shot at 1/10th of a second to try to get a interesting shutter speed for the water, and I was impressed how well the camera/lens stabilization combo did to give me a very sharp result.
Here are 2 views, obviously one in color and one converted to B&W. I am still a bit of a beginner on B&W conversion, but I did like how this one came out. I am on the fence though on which I like more, so thought I would throw it open to the FW faithful who feel like chiming in. And then of course, as always, any other feedback or criticism is most welcome as well.
Spring Stream
Spring Stream (B&W Treatment)
ML
Here are 2 views, obviously one in color and one converted to B&W. I am still a bit of a beginner on B&W conversion, but I did like how this one came out. I am on the fence though on which I like more, so thought I would throw it open to the FW faithful who feel like chiming in. And then of course, as always, any other feedback or criticism is most welcome as well.
Spring Stream
Spring Stream (B&W Treatment)
ML