First Time With Tracker

Brian

My awesome wife got me a Move Shoot Move tracker for Christmas this year. I went out the other night to give it a shot. I can see there is certainly going to be a steep learning curve using it. I tried to set it up in the dark for the first time which was a huge mistake. It was also really cold, so that didn't exactly help.

Anyways, I thought I'd share the one (out of 75) photos I didn't delete immediately. I still have some trailing in there, but I hope to figure it out when it gets a little warmer.

This is a single photo of 89 seconds at f/4 and 40mm.

JimFox

Staff member
Thanks for posting this Brian! You came away with a really nice image of the Orion region. There certainly is a learning curve, but your wife should be proud as you came away with something really nice for your first time.

The tracker you have looks a lot different then most. If you can add a photo of it in here, I think it would be educational for some of the people here. I know a few have mentioned to me about being interested in getting a tracker, so to see yours could be helpful for them.

Maybe later this spring or summer we can get together and do some night time shooting together.

Brian

Thanks for posting this Brian! You came away with a really nice image of the Orion region. There certainly is a learning curve, but your wife should be proud as you came away with something really nice for your first time.

The tracker you have looks a lot different then most. If you can add a photo of it in here, I think it would be educational for some of the people here. I know a few have mentioned to me about being interested in getting a tracker, so to see yours could be helpful for them.

Maybe later this spring or summer we can get together and do some night time shooting together.
That sounds great Jim. I would love to. I'll post a link to the tracker she got me since I don't have any pics handy.

https://www.moveshootmove.com/colle...star-tracking-time-lapse-panorama-photography

The thing I really like about it is how small it is. It can easily fit inside virtually any camera bag with all your gear.

Hopefully I'll have a few more photos when it warms. up.

Tom Narwid

My awesome wife got me a Move Shoot Move tracker for Christmas this year. I went out the other night to give it a shot. I can see there is certainly going to be a steep learning curve using it. I tried to set it up in the dark for the first time which was a huge mistake. It was also really cold, so that didn't exactly help.

Anyways, I thought I'd share the one (out of 75) photos I didn't delete immediately. I still have some trailing in there, but I hope to figure it out when it gets a little warmer.

This is a single photo of 89 seconds at f/4 and 40mm.

Good job for a virgin run!

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Brian,

watch out, astro is addictive! Love your first result here - it is so fun when you start to see things coming out of your camera that you simply cannot see with just your eyes, even with a telescope!

ML

Brian

Brian,

watch out, astro is addictive! Love your first result here - it is so fun when you start to see things coming out of your camera that you simply cannot see with just your eyes, even with a telescope!

ML

I can totally see that. I'm hoping not to get sucked too far down the rabbit hole.😂

chuckp

Brian, Nice first light. This can be additive. Hope you keep it up and get some nice wide field milky way shots. Just a tip, polar alignment is real important when taking longer exposures. if you have the polar alignment scope that will help out.

Alisa

Super cool!! I just bought myself a lighting trigger among other thing... like the new Nikon Z6II 😄😄 now I just need a rainstorm in CO! Ha!

Brian

Super cool!! I just bought myself a lighting trigger among other thing... like the new Nikon Z6II 😄😄 now I just need a rainstorm in CO! Ha!
I totally agree. I can't wait for summer to get out and shoot some storms. I have the Strikefinder2 and can't wait till it's time to mount it on the ole Nikon. I'm also in CO, so if you ever need a shooting partner, just let me know.

Top Bottom