Fog and Frost

AlanLichty

That place looks like a frozen wasteland in mid winter. I really like the contrasts in the B&W of #2.

Does your dock get damaged by the ice on the lake?

Bob Israel

Elite Member
That place looks like a frozen wasteland in mid winter. I really like the contrasts in the B&W of #2.

Does your dock get damaged by the ice on the lake?
Thanks Alan. Just about all docks are completely removed for winter and stored on the shore. Some have pilings for their docks but they need bubblers to keep water from freezing around their docks. Otherwise, the shifting ice would certainly destroy the docks. Ice get 18-24 inches thick!

AlanLichty

Thanks Alan. Just about all docks are completely removed for winter and stored on the shore. Some have pilings for their docks but they need bubblers to keep water from freezing around their docks. Otherwise, the shifting ice would certainly destroy the docks. Ice get 18-24 inches thick!
18-24"? No wonder there appear to be tire tracks out on the ice.

JimFox

Staff member
I am sure I commented on this Bob, but I guess I didn't.... :(

These are such awesome shots! Love them! #1 and 4 are my favorites. That person in #1 really helps so make that shot. And #4, what a great eye. Such a colorful window with such great icicles!

Bob Israel

Elite Member
I am sure I commented on this Bob, but I guess I didn't.... :(

These are such awesome shots! Love them! #1 and 4 are my favorites. That person in #1 really helps so make that shot. And #4, what a great eye. Such a colorful window with such great icicles!
Thanks so much Sunny! I think they’re my favorites as well. I almost didn’t include #4 since it’s so different from the other three.

Top Bottom