Friday's Focus - Farmland - 2019/10/11

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
The Focus this Friday is on Farmland!

With the passing of my Dad on Wednesday, it came to me that since my Dad was born on a farm in Minnesota and spent his childhood and youth working on that farm back in the 1930's and 40's. It would be kind of cool to see how people have captured the farm and farmland.

Monika was also kind enough to start a Thread with Flowers for my Dad, so please visit that also. https://www.focalworld.com/index.php?threads/flowers-for-jim-his-dad.10530/#post-86796

I will start with some farmland from California, but I will see if I can dig out some Minnesota farmland photos also and get them added to this later.

So add your photos to this thread,

Jim

_D8C2343_dw.jpg


_D8C2333_d1w.jpg
 

Ken Rennie

Well-Known Member
Difficult for me. In this area most people are sheep farmers, so it would just be landscape photographs so I have looked for farming areas that I have visited. So two images from Provence in France, this one where the crop is Lavender and the farmers are Monks.
_DSF7952.jpg

Another Provencal shot with wheat, I think.
_DSF8390.jpg

Lastly from Germany a field of fairly newly planted maize
DSCF5202-4.jpg

My images are a touch left field. Ken
 

MonikaC

Well-Known Member
Difficult for me. In this area most people are sheep farmers, so it would just be landscape photographs so I have looked for farming areas that I have visited. So two images from Provence in France, this one where the crop is Lavender and the farmers are Monks.
View attachment 22229
Another Provencal shot with wheat, I think.
View attachment 22230
Lastly from Germany a field of fairly newly planted maize
View attachment 22231
My images are a touch left field. Ken
Provencal monk lavender farmers......hard to beat, Ken!
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Difficult for me. In this area most people are sheep farmers, so it would just be landscape photographs so I have looked for farming areas that I have visited. So two images from Provence in France, this one where the crop is Lavender and the farmers are Monks.
View attachment 22229
Another Provencal shot with wheat, I think.
View attachment 22230
Lastly from Germany a field of fairly newly planted maize
View attachment 22231
My images are a touch left field. Ken
These are some great ones Ken
 

Dean

Well-Known Member
Jim,
I'm so sorry to hear about your dads passing. This must be an extremely difficult time for you and your family please accept my condolences. Heres one in honor of your dad.. My one and only farm image and its one of my all time favorite images. I hope it brings a smile to your face.

Cows gotta eat..
_19A0060-Edit.jpg
 
Top Bottom