Kings Canyon Water

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
I can find no evidence that I already posted these images - apologies if these are already posted.

Here are 2 different 'water treatment' shots from a day driving along the Kings Canyon Scenic Byway this past May. I took a very slow shutter speed image of the river itself, and then a bit later a very high shutter speed image of Grizzly Falls. It was an amazing day with high water flow but bluebird skies, so I was trying to work on some more closeup type of subjects. Feedback welcome.

Rushin' River - I put the 10 stop ND on and played around, but actually ended up with the 'fastest' slow exposure being my favorite one of the series, as the others started to lose the look of water to my eye. This one ends up being a 1/4 second exposure.

LRCC_sRGB_FW_TAP10942.jpg


Frozen In Time - This shot of Grizzly Falls obviously used a fast shutter speed (1/500th) to really expose all the little droplets of water.

LRCC_sRGB_FW_TAP10950.jpg



ML
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Very nice Mike.

Yeah the 10stop ND can be too much in most cases, especially in a River scene like this, because at that long everything just turns into blobs of milk lacking any detail. So I am not surprised about you like the fastest one you got with the ND.
 
Top Bottom