Local Color

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
So it has been a great leaf season around here in CO, and the color has now even been great right on the path behind my house. Here is my favorite one from a few days ago. This is taken with the new RF 14-35; it really is nice to have a small lens that can go so wide with me in my bag at all times. In this case I used the natural perspective distortion to accentuate the way the trees lean in over the path at this point.


'Golden Canopy'
LRCC_sRGB_FW_GoldenCanopy_sRGB_TAP_9317_8_9_Balancer.jpg



Comments and critiques welcome.

ML
 

Timmeh

Well-Known Member
That's quite a nice path to be near! The backlight and pale blue of the sky work really well to make a brisk mood. That's the most understated starburst I think I've ever seen. It almost blends in with the clouds near it.
 

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Thanks for all the comments everyone!

Jameel, I like the new RF 14-35 very much. It is small, light and has excellent image quality, with the only caveat being the vignetting of the uncorrected raw files. I was a bit put off by that at first (since I strictly shoot raw) until I realized that the uncorrected FOV appears to be wider than 14mm, allowing one to crop and still have a very wide result. It will be nicer when (if?) Adobe Lightroom gets a profile for this lens, but until then I am successfully making my own corrections to a level I am happy with. I expect that DxO will almost certainly have a module for this lens even if Adobe never does so I will use that for my 14-35 images once it comes out if necessary. Aside from that though the lens is very sharp and handles very nicely, and it has replaced my very excellent EF 16-35 f/4 in my bag from now on, being smaller, lighter, and having even better IQ than that already excellent lens.

ML
 

Jameel Hyder

Moderator
Staff member
That is good to know since this is on my list to get at some point. The latest update from adobe has a number of new RF lenses as well as camera profiles for all the R bodies. If you haven’t updated yet it may be worth looking to see if they have the profile for this lens. There are some nice set of features in this update.
 
Top Bottom